Vrindavan Mathura is know as the land of lord Krishna. Is a small town located around 50km from one of the seven wonders of the world i.e. Taj Mahal.
Vrindavan also holds a significance to Hindus because lord Krishna spend his childhood here and that’s the reason why it is also called Brij Bhoomi or Brij Region.
There are more than 5000 temples in Vrindavan.
Vrindavan is famous for temples and the best way to explore them all is on foot only. As all of them are located at walking distance specially in Vrindavan.
Vrindavan is around 10 km from Mathura Junction.
How to reach Mathura
Mathura lies in in vicinity of 3 famous northern regions – Delhi, Aagra and Jaipur. So, it is quite easy to reach here from any part of the world.
- Khaira airport, Agra (around 50 km from Mathura)
- IGI airport, Delhi (around 130 km from Mathura)
Are the 2 closest airport to reach Mathura.
- Mathura Cantt
- Mathura Junction
Legends associated with Vrindavan
- Big and small all included, there are around 5000 temples in Vrindavan.
- Radha kund is considered to be one of the holiest place on earth and is also considered to be the center of the world.
- It is believed that lord krishna leaves his abode every night at Nidhi Van. That’s the reason why all the doors of Nidhi Van are locked.